Summer store/road construction begins!
Summer construction season is underway!
- The major reconstruction of 19st begins this week , with access into Westerner Park limited to “Right-In, Right-Out” only, with no left turn available into the Park. The Rebels office and store remain open during regular business.
- The Rebels Team Store is also undergoing changes, and with limited inventory remaining on certain items, visitors are encouraged to shop online, or check on product availability before visiting! After a wildly busy season, shop-able space will nearly double with the removal of all check-out/storage space at the front of the store!
- NOTE: Replica Jerseys are 100% sold out for the first time in team history! The CCM inventory issues have been rectified, with a full allotment available near the start of the 23-24 season
Information Via the City of Red Deer
The 19 Street Improvement Project will improve overall movement, safety and capacity along 19 Street between Gaetz Avenue and Irwin Avenue. 19 Street is a road in need, and this project will include a complete reconstruction of the roadway, a new multi-lane roundabout at 19 Street and 40 Avenue to improve roadway capacity and safety, as well as new trails on 19 Street and 40 Avenue to encourage active movement in this area.
- Roadway rehabilitation: 19 Street between Irwin Avenue and Gaetz Avenue is a road in need, with the entire road infrastructure requiring upgrades to maintain the road’s integrity.
- Roundabout at 19 Street and 40 Avenue: Construction of a multi-lane modern roundabout at 19 Street and 40 Avenue, will improve intersection capacity, reduce overall traffic delays and improve safety for all road users.
- Trail connections: New multi-use trails will be built to provide better multi-modal connectivity between neighbourhoods, parks, and commercial spaces.